The kids pretending to be asleep at Maw Maw's because we thought we heard Santa's sleigh. And look at me pretending, I was never a good faker!My favorite Christmas memory is when I was a little girl. Every Christmas Eve our whole family would gather in the living room. Daddy or one of the kids would read the Christmas Story out of the Bible. I can see Will Boy reading it right now, with his snaggle tooth trying to pronouce all the King James Version's big words. But after that we would either go youngest to oldest or oldest to youngest (and of course youngest to oldest was always my favorite) and we would open all of our presents from Momma and Daddy and each other one at a time. With a Family of 6 can you only imagine how long this took. HAHA! My room was downstairs and Katie, Matt, and Will's were upstairs. Our parents made me sleep upstairs so I wouldn't peak. We were always eager to go to bed but when we got there we could never fall asleep. Well, my favorite memory is the year that Katie and I made a pallet on her floor and put a lamp in between us and we had a watch there, too. I think every hour on the hour we would look at the watch to see what time it was. The funny thing is I don't even remember what I got. I was just so excited it was Christmas. When the clock hit 6:00a.m. (i think that is the time our parents told us we could wake them up) we would run in Will and Matt's room and try and I mean really have to try and wake them up. They would start to roll out of bed and in the mean time Katie and I would go back to her room. Momma and Daddy's room was right under hers so we would jump and stomp on the floor to wake them up. We would all sit at the top of the stairs in the foyer and wait for Daddy to get the video camera and Momma to take our picture. Then down the stairs we would race. And as we hit the living room, our faces would light up. Toys, Toys, and Toys, EVERYWHERE! Oh, those were the days!

2 comments:
That's awesome sis! I love your face in that picture!
and me and Will used to just want to sleep just a 'little' longer! I mean, excited as we were...4 and 5 a.m. comes pretty early! (and that was last year) :)
Post a Comment