This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I was thinking about what a busy but good weekend I had. I started thinking about how many people I actually got to spend time with that I never really get to.
Before I left on Friday, I was unsure about whether I should take this adventure to Thomaston. Thoughts rushing my head about money.... time.... work.....and so on and so on. I pondered and pondered and finally decided that I wouldn't miss it for the world, Jessica's shower that is.
I arrived to Thomaston on Saturday morning after spending Friday night with Jodi and Krystal and a whole lot of baby talk. At the shower, there were friends of my Mom's and my friend's Mom's that I grew up with. I got the usual kind of dreaded questions.... "Where are you now? Are you in school? Where are you working? Are you dating anyone? When are you getting married?"......I know you know these..... they usually fall right after another and you often wonder if they listened to the answer before they asked the next question. Ha Ha!
Anyway, I ate a few peices of quiche and then sat myself down right next to Jessica.... and felt pride of being the "Sister of the Groom" and I was also avoiding all of those questions, JK. It was so much fun sitting next to her. She would need a little help on finding the people to Thank and we would giggle as she would open something she didn't know how to use. I adore her and am so glad that she and her two children are apart of my family!
And speaking of her children.... I didn't get to see Macy this weekend but I did get to spend some QT with Dylan. He is so funny and makes me laugh constantly. And when I mean makes me laugh, he makes me almost pee in my pants! I watched feed Shantilly carrots, he was not afraid of her at all. He even attempted to stick a baby carrot in his mouth for her to retrieve..... guts, I had to stop that one. Then I got to watch him, out of boredom, turn a wheel barrel into a go cart. Falling out several times he still persevered until finally, he made it down a hill with NO falls or turn overs.
After a big lasagna dinner with my family, I picked my cousin, Tyla, up for some fun in T town.
We met our friends Nath, which I call Tina (don't ask), and his wife, Jessica, at a bar. They had live music and it was fun to catch up with Tyla and Nath. I also ran into Charles. After the bar I went to Matt's. I stayed up until 2 in the morning talking with them.
But back to this morning... man I got way off track..... I was thinking as I got ready about this past weekend and who I got to spend it with. There are a select few people who call me "Bean". It's funny because I don't hear it here in Panama City Beach, but when I go to Thomaston, you better bet your bottoms that you will hear someone call me "Bean". And I love it. It makes me feel home. So this weekend here is a list of my close friends and family that I ran into or spent time with that call me bean......
#1 My Daddy! He must recieve all the credit for the nickname "Bean"
#2 Matt... my brother, of course.
#3 Anthony... Brother in Law whom I have known since I was 12, he wasn't there but just so you know!
#4 Nath.... friend from High School
#5 Charles....Anthony and Katie's best friend
And now since Matt calls me "Bean"
#6 Jessica
#7 Dylan
#8 Macy
Just a hand full of people!
It is just special..... when I hear "Bean" I know it has to be one of these 8 people:) And this weekend I heard it a lot:)

2 comments:
sis, i love this blog! it sounds just like you talking while I was reading it!! Love you!
LOVE YA BEANIE!!!! next blog should be WHY we call you bean...ha, ha....
Post a Comment