Last night, per Kevin's request, I cooked dinner. Don't get all excited, it wasn't much. But it was his favorite.
Blackened Salmon (frozen, from Sam's....the best)
Sauteed Squash, Zucchini, Mushrooms, and onions (which a dash of garlic salt)
He encourages me to cook not by asking but making sure I know he enjoys it. He says it about 10 times and that makes me feel like I have it going on.... the cooking that is.
*Thanks "G" for teaching him his well manners!!*

Though I have found myself enjoying cooking more and more. I always call my Grandmomma Kilgore in times of cooking advice. She always says *a little dash of this* or *a pinch of that*. I have not mastered the pinch or the dash but I am well on my way.
I always say "Grandmomma, I don't think I will ever get it and learn to cook like you" and her response always is "You have to start somewhere, Bean, how do you think I learned".
Today I am learning but I hope to one day be like her and when all of my kids and grandkids come, unexpectantly, I too can throw together a hearty meal with a dash, pinch, and whatever to make it so yummy just like hers.
Happy Cooking!

2 comments:
awww sis, i love this one!
I think salmon is kind of hard to make, so you're not doing bad at all. And that sounds delicious too!
Post a Comment