Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Daddy



Yesterday was Father's Day. I didn't get to spend yesterday with my Daddy but I thought about him all day. I woke up yesterday morning a little gloomy. I love my Daddy so much and Father's Day of course is that one day that we get to tell him how much we love him and appreciate him.


After I talked to my Daddy yesterday, I laid on my bed and I cried for about 30 minutes. I cried because in his voice I heard all of his love. All my life my Daddy has had this special tone in his voice when he talks to his children. I heard it as soon as he answered and said "Hey Bean."

We talked for a while and when we got off the phone I started thinking about how great of a Daddy he really is.


He has instilled so much into us. He has always taught us to be such strong people. All 4 of us. He taught us independance. He taught us to have patience in this world. He taught us to be hard workers. He taught us that education was important. He taught us how to be the best person possible. He taught is how to laugh and to laugh often. And most important he taught us what true love is. I don't think that anyone can ever love me as well as my Daddy does. And he has taught us to love others that same way.


Daddy always had this little special saying with us that would prove 1,000 times over his love for us 4. Whether we would be riding in the truck, on the farm, on a tractor, or simply laying on the couch, he would rub our heads and say "You know I love you don't you?"

So in not being there yesterday, Daddy, I say to you:


"YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU, DON'T YOU?"

I miss you and can't wait to see you this weekend.