Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Update on our weekend at the Lake.



Kevin and I took off on Friday to visit at the lake. Before we left, we had a great breakfast at Bluetop. We drove and for lunch we stopped into Kevin's favorite BBQ spot that he stops at every trip. We got a pint of pulled pork and a sandwich. It was the best BBQ around. We didn't even have to add BBQ sauce. Scrumptious!
We arrived in Albany and stopped to see Mrs. Jewel James. Mrs James was Kevin's old maid. She was his maid for 10 years when he lived in Albany, she actually came with the house:)
She was the sweetest old lady and of course thought of Kevin as her own. I hear she didn't approve of many of his girl friends... hope I made the cut.
After visiting with Mrs. James, we headed torward the lake. We had a blast. We rode the pontoon and met up with Parks. They intoduced me to "BOOGER BOTTOMS" and all the little hot spots on the Lake. I haven't had a burger from Booger Bottoms, yet, but I am positive it would be yummy.
Saturday we had a nice relaxing morning with G and Charlie. Then off to the wedding. I got to meet a lot of people, but my favorite part was getting to put faces with names.
We got back to the lake just in time to take an afternoon boat ride. The sunsets there are beautiful.
Sunday, we arose to coffee and cheese toast and bacon. Then off to Big Momma's we went. I think this was my favorite part of the trip. Kevin loves his Big Momma and oh boy, does she love him. Their little saying is "I love the hell out of you" and they say it with the most passion you could have.
After Big Momma's, Kevin showed me around all the farm land he grew up galavanting on. It's always so much fun to hear his stories.
We had such a good weekend. I can hardly believe it's over:(
We have Gayla and G and the Kids coming in tomorrow....... MORE STORIES TO COME!

1 comment:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

awww sis, that sounds really fun!