Yesterday wasn't a very good day for me.
Nothing was going my way.
I got home to complain about my day and I
found Kevin cleaning the whole entire house.
He even mopped!
That cheered my spirits but still not enough.
I did not want to drag him down with my pitiful day,
I put on my running shoes and set our for a jog.
Listening to angry songs (by Pink of course) and
feeling my feet hitting the concrete
I felt all the stress of my day pouring out of me.
Sometimes you just need to get out in the sunshine
and clear your mind.
I slowed down and walked for a bit.
Sugarland's "It Happens" came on.
And OH how fitting for me....
"Now it is poor me, why me, oh me
Boring the same old worn out blah, blah story
There is no good explanation for it at all
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning
Ain't no need to over think it
Let go laughing
Life don't go quite like you planned it
We try so hard to understand it
Irrefutable, indisputableT
he fact is psssh it happens"
I must admit, even though I don't like to, that I have been in a rut lately.
Work is slowing down and I'm having to work harder than ever.
Yesterday got me thinking....
We all go through these things in life and I really don't have it so bad, huh?
And I just need to suck it up, change my way of thinking, and realize...
PSSSH IT HAPPENS.

2 comments:
Bean! I feel that way sometimes too. I think God gives us little reminders that it could be worse and we have to think about the wonderful things we have! Like you and me....some folks aren't so lucky. We have been friends for 20 years and we're only 28! We have so many memories to still make!
Very true to both you and Shell bell. Love you both!
Post a Comment