Isn't it funny that no matter how bad of a mood you are in, if you hear just the right song, it cheers you right up. I love that about music. It always cures a bad mood and makes my soul dance. What I also love about it is that you can hear a song and it may take you back to a specific time in your life.
Here are a few examples from my life:
Everytime I hear Jewel it takes me back to when I lived in Macon and my sister and I blasted it loud and would sing to the top of our lungs.
oh and Blue Sky by Allman brothers....all I can imagine is Matt just a singing and having fun.
Family Tradition by Hank Williams takes me back to Panama City Beach 2003/4?? with a bunch of people and Matt started singing the song and we all joined in and by the end of the song the whole restaurant was singing.
And of couse everytime I hear Stanky Leg.....guess who I think of....good ol stanky leg himself WILL BOY
And "it's alright to be little bity" is mine and Shelley's song since high school or younger. I smile everytime it comes on the radio.
Another one is by Old Crow Medicine Show... Wagon Wheel makes me dance my little booty off. I think it may be my all time favorite song.
Flake by Jack Johnson will always be engraved in my head and takes me back to the good ol columbus days with Krissy and Jode.... and Shimmer by Fuel
And we can't forget this one.....
What's your favorite music memory?

3 comments:
good post beaner...
hahahaha, you and anthony make me laugh in that video.
I love all those songs too and think of the same things as you do. I think a lot about dancing with you with our shoes off when I hear November Blue or anything OAR:)
Who you callin stanky leg?
Post a Comment