Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Touched

Yesterday I was talking to my little brother on a the phone as he drove his drive home from work. We were talking about a lot of different things but this one topic we got on touched me more than he will probably ever know. I didn't know if I should share this with the blogger world but then I thought....why, yes I should. I want the world to know how special my brothers and sister are to me and how during that conversation I realized how special I was to him.
We started talking about him being single and how fun it was for him. He is 23 years old and is having fun living in the Atlanta area. He's hanging out with friends, going to concerts, and just really enjoying life. I am so glad to see him as happy as he is. I, of course, being his older sister, was giving him advice.... telling him to live it up and stay single. He agreed but the words that he said next made my heart swell.
I can't quite quote him word for word but this was the jist of the conversation.
He was telling me that he sometimes thought about being single for a while and thought it would be hard if it lasted a while. He said.... but then he thought about Kevin..my Kevin...and then it gave him hope. (Kevin is 37 and has waited to marry.)
He said and look...Kevin found a really great girl after waiting all that time .
He said, I only hope to find a girl as cool as my sisters one day.
Man, oh, Man!
Makin' a girl feel special....that right there did it!
Brother....you will find a cool girl like your sisters....just don't let them look like us....or Mom....that would JUST BE WEIRD! *inside joke*
** oh and ps: he does not want them to look like us**

2 comments:

Tim, Lisa and Edan said...

Sweet Boy!

bentleyuga said...

Slick Willie...don't worry, one day you will find the 'guy' of your dreams and you'll live happily ever after.... :)

i found a girl just like my sisters!!! i had to grab her up quick!!! she is the best! just like them!!!