A few fun facts about Matt Bentley:
Who were you named after?
I get my middle name Coy from my dad. That's also his middle name and I hope one day will be part of my sons name. Not sure about Matthew, i guess from the bible. it's cool though...i like it.
What is your favorite childhood memory?
Just playing really. We did every thing you could possibly think of. Living on the farm was the greatest thing that a boy could experience! We played all the way til I graduated from high school and still sometime I get on the farm and play like I was a kid again. It's awesome!
Where are your roots?
Right here in Thomaston, Small Town USA!!! The life lessons you learn about how to be a man can only be taught to the extent they are taught right here! Some people hate this place...but it helped me to be who I am.
Who has had the most impact on your life and why?
Most definetly my Dad, and my two granddads and my little brother. I will put these four men and their Character up against anyone in the world! They have all influenced and impacted my life tremendously! Best men I know, hands down.
What is the most important thing you've ever accomplished?
Getting married to the woman of my dreams! It was a dream come true!
What would you want to do over again, either bc it was so wonderful or you'd like to change it?
Sometimes I'd like to go back to high school and do it over. But then I look at my life right now and say 'no way' it's perfect how things worked out!
What is your philosophy you live by?
I just try to be the best Ican be towards God, My Family, My Friends and my job. I try to make my self better in all of those relationships on a daily basis.
Why did you choose to live in Thomaston and what does it have to offer you?
I came back to Thomaston after I left UGA because I had the oppuritunity to teach History, coach soccer and coach basketball. It was perfect for me and what I always wanted to do. I can't imagine teaching and coaching anywhere else.
Do you have a hobby?
Probably sports and hunting...and maybe just hanging with the family!!! My favorite thing to do when coming home from work is throwing the football or wrestling with Macy, Dylan and Jessica. Right now I am the official "UFC CHAMPION OF THE HOUSE!!!!" No one can beat me!!!!
Do you have a mentor?
My dad, granddad, Willboy and Uncle Tommy. That's who I ask about my life problems.
What would peopel who don't know you well be surprised to learn?
I got a TERRIBLE temper that I have to keep in check all the time!!!! :) Lot of counting to ten, deep breathing and praying to keep calm...ha, ha...


2 comments:
I could hear Matt's voice the whole time I was reading this.
haha, I could too Lisa. Love you brother!
Post a Comment