Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Seasons

Change: (v) To undergo transformation or transition.
In the past I have told myself that I wasn't scared of change.
I have lived in Georgia, Louisiana, Missouri, Indiana, and now Florida all in the past 5 years. Those were fun changes but not always easy. I got to get to know different cities and travel and see what they all had to offer me. I grew everytime I was in those places and sometimes they took a little bit of my soul but I would soon regain it by digging deep to find myself again. A little of me is in all of those cities. They created the person I am today. With every packing of my boxes and the long drives home, I always knew that that change at that moment was what I needed. I was always nervous about what I was leaving behind but I always knew it would work itself out. I would look forward to what the future had in store for me.
In my life right now I am going through a change. It's definately not an easy change. It's definately not a change I was expecting. It's definately not a change that I wanted.
So how do I prepare myself for this change???
I know what I am suppose to do.... let go!
I just can't grab a hold that it actually happened.
This change involves a broken heart.
To have a loving heart and then to all of a sudden be jolted with a broken heart, well.... how do you deal with that?
I never felt like anyone truely had BROKEN my heart.
But I now know that feeling. It's that feeling you get at the bottom of your stomach and it ache's and at the same time you feel like you have a huge lump in your throat. It's also that feeling that your heart is truely broken and will never be repaired. And that is a feeling that has changed me indefinately.
But the more and more I think about it, life is all about changes. The season's change, your moods change, jobs change, people change.... so what's one more change in my life? I can deal with a broken heart and I will. It surely won't be my last broken heart or my last change....But I know that I have to grow from it and learn. And whether I like this change or not.... IT MAKES ME STRONGER! And for that I am greatful!
"I don't know why I have to, but this man must move on
I love my time here, didn't know 'til I was gone
November shadows, shade November change
November spells sweet memory, the season blue remains "
Avett Brothers

2 comments:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

sister, love this blog. It is all so true and you are the strongest person I know, you really are, I am not just saying that. Everything that has happened in your life would put most people down, but you have moved on and become a better person from each of these things.

Love you!

wbentley said...

There's always a place to stay in the A-Town if you need another change!!