Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mama Mia!


Look at what I learned how to cook from scratch.
My friend, Meagan, was cooking Lasagna the other night
when I stopped by for a second. I stuck around to learn how to make it.
I changed a few things to make it healthier.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1 lb. Ground Turkey (or Ground Beef)
1 lb. Sausauge (optional)
Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles (or Regular)
Your favorite Spaghetti Sauce (BIG Jar)
16 oz. Cottage Cheese
1 bag shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Oregano to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Rough Directions on How to Prepare:
Pre heat oven 350 Degrees
Brown your Turkey Meat and Sausage in Skillet
Add Speghetti Sauce to meat
In a mixing bowl add Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella, Oregano, Salt and Pepper
keep enough mozarella out to spread on top of finished product
Spray Baking Dish with Pam
Pour a little Sauce in bottom of pan
Layer with Noodles
next layer cheese mixture
then sauce again
Repeat Layers as many times as you'd like, I did three:)
Top with Mozzarella Cheese
Bake for 45 mins to a hour. Whole wheat noodles take a little longer.
Enjoy!