Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Because you've been there....

Dear Shelley,

I was thinking the other day about how much you and I have gone through with each other throughout the years. The memories came rushing in.
There was our first meeting in 6th grade when I did a cart wheel and either kicked you or almost kicked you in the face....the numerous church trips....sneaking away from your house to go over to boys houses and getting told on....spin the bottle in your living room.....sleeping under those blankets that your grandmom made..... making Nash hate me in high school..... your mom teaching me how to drive when I was 15, not knowing that it was to drive you around when you turned 16.... making up cheerleading dances in the yard....the "T" top...imitating people off the diving board and trying to guess who each other were.... your mom's sweet tea....borrowing each others clothes once a week (and we still do)....fighting and fighting but always making up.... living together in Columbus...you not liking my boyfriends and telling me, rightfully so... the heart aches...you reuniting with your best friend and soul mate... me moving away (numerous times)...the driveby's...the visits to the beach... weddings...YOUR wedding.... your mom becoming an angel....backyard hangouts at your house...you dealing with me and Nash talking about music...AND the most recent...watching you become such a WONDERFUL mom!
Life has taken us through so much. I am so thankful that I have had a friend like you to help me get through it all, the good and the bad. I can't believe that we have been friends for almost 20 years! I will be taking my next step in this adventure we call life and becoming a wife in October. I am marrying my best friend and I am so glad that you know him and feel like you have for a 100 years.
You are that friend that I can always count on and Ryan and I would love nothing more than to have you standing beside us on this day! So with all this being said and me in tears as I write this.....

Will be my bridesmaid?

I love you!

Jeanna

P.S. Your memory is so much better than mine. 

2 comments:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

awww man, TEARS. Stop it, I can't take it anymore!

Nash and Shelley said...

I can't stop crying Jeanna. I thought I had a good memory but dang you just did good! "T-top" We really did grow up together and of course...can't wait to stand up there with my sisters and watch you marry such a good person who loves your for the wonderful person you ARE!!! Love you bunches:)