Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday


Not only is this my birthday week, it is also Barbie's birthday week.


Barbie turns 50 today!


I am sure you are wondering "who cares?" but I assure you that I DO!

When I was little I used to EAT, BREATHE, and BE Barbie. I loved them to death and actually still do. NO I don't collect them and keep them in boxes on shelves in a room just for them..... BUT my daughter will have a good collection of naked Barbies and clothes that I have stored under my bed at my parents.


Playing with them made my day. I would set up house all around the floor of my bedrooom. I had a doctor's office, a limo, a corvette, and a station wagon. I would beg my brother to play with me and make deals that if he would, I would play "Little Men" with him and even clean up afterwards (which I never did).

I was addicted.

So TODAY, MARCH 9, 2009 I want to say


HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY, BARBIE!


I have great memories of you!

I actually had older Barbies, too. A lady that we went to church with, Mrs. Ethal, gave me all of her Barbies and clothes, and boxes that she stored them in. That was one of my favorite memories of being a child. She was such a sweet and generous woman to give those to me. She gave me the barbie above and I also had this dress below:)

2 comments:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

I love this blog sis. and I am sorry I would never play with you. Bad sister = me

wbentley said...

Man you never cleaned up!!!!!!!!!