
Kevin and I had a date night last Thursday night.
Kevin was going out of town for the weekend...so to make it up to me he decided to take me out. And that he did, indeed!
Kevin was going out of town for the weekend...so to make it up to me he decided to take me out. And that he did, indeed!
We started out at Schooners, where I ate yummy boiled shrimp and he, the wings....
The Songwriter's Festival was going on at Schooner's (this is what we went for). I didn't know what kind of music would be at this festival but turns out it was country.
The Songwriter's Festival was going on at Schooner's (this is what we went for). I didn't know what kind of music would be at this festival but turns out it was country.
Three songwriter's from Nashville were on stage playing together and singing each other's songs that they had written. I was intrigued by the way they sang the songs that we knew. The were slower, faster, and some even had different words. It was definitely right up my ally....
Here are some of the songs that I knew:
"Tequila Makes Here Clothes Fall Off"
"A Father's Love"
"Redneck Yacht Club"
"Check Yes or No"
"You Lie" Reba
"These Days"
"A Father's Love"
"Redneck Yacht Club"
"Check Yes or No"
"You Lie" Reba
"These Days"
"Write this Down"
"Goodbye Says it All"
The festival was so good that we followed them to the Boatyard and then to Firefly... not getting home until 12:00a.m. on a school night.
Thanks for fun date night, Kevin!

1 comment:
Love those songs! Isn't it cool to hear the people that wrote the songs sing them?
Post a Comment